The health and safety of our community, including our loyal subscribers, is always of the utmost importance to us. Therefore, we are taking the concerns about COVID-19 very seriously.
We are following the advice of the Centers for Disease Control and want to remind you of some steps you can take in regard to Floreo use to help prevent the spread of the virus. We encourage everyone to follow the personal hygiene recommendations made by the CDC, and also take care to clean all devices used with Floreo (iPad, iPhone, and mobile VR headset) between uses.
Before a Floreo session
- Please do not proceed with a session if the learner is experiencing a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing. Recommend that the learner seek medical attention immediately with these symptoms.
- Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds before and after using the Floreo system. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Have the Learner wash hands if needed.
- Wipe down the headset before use. Use an alcohol solution with at least 70% alcohol to clean the headset after every use. A thorough wipe down of all surfaces is sufficient.
- Consider using a sealable plastic bag, such as a gallon sized Ziploc bag, for the iPad (not the Phone). The touch screen can be operated through the plastic.
After a Floreo session
- Wipe down the headset after use. As before, use an alcohol solution with at least 70% alcohol to clean the headset after every use. A thorough wipe down of all surfaces is sufficient. We recommend using alcohol wipes on all devices at the end of a session.
- Wash hands again after use.
iPad/iPhone cleaning guidance from Apple:
- Unplug all cables and turn off the device
- Use a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth
- Avoid getting moisture in openings
- Using a 70% isopropyl alcohol wipe or Clorox Disinfecting Wipes, you may gently wipe the exterior surfaces of your device
- Don’t use bleach
- Don’t submerge your device in any cleaning agents
As many of you shift to more remote work, we hope our teletherapy option will be a valuable tool to continue working on social, behavioral, and life skills effectively while remaining safely at home.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns. We know that these are challenging and sometimes scary times, but we feel confident that as a company and community, we can get through this together.